My Unbreakable Rules of Summer Beauty


Hello lovely readers! Exam time is over and as we feel summer approaching a little bit more every single day we couldn't be happier. Along with our mood and our wardrobes our makeup routines are switching up as well. Personally I switch the process of doing my makeup each season and especially during the summer I go as light as I can.
So today I decided to present you some of the (untold -until now-) "rules" I follow, probably, for the past 3 years in my usual summer makeup routine.

First of all, I NEVER wear FOUNDATION during summertime. Fistly because I don't like carrying around 10 different bottles, with differend shades, with me and  secondly because I simply cannot be bothered enough. It's summer. I want my face to be light and airy. Also a tan usually covers enough the imperfections. Though if you cannot go out without a base in your makeup I would suggest a CC cream because it's light and moisturizing minus the cakey feeling (plus the SPF that most of them have).



When it comes to LIPS things get a bit complicated. Summer is the only season I like wearing lipgloss for some reason (weird right?), and even if I choose to wear a lipstick it's usually quite bright and with cold undertones  (also I never mix lipstick with lipgloss, it's a pet peeve of mine, what can I say?). And that's another secret; I always choose blue undertones because even if I don't get a sunburn every tan has a bit of a "burn" under it so when tanned the skin is quite red-ish so I find a bit overwhelming adding more warm tones to it.





Before I move on to the eyes I'd like to add a few more things to my "base routine"; Two things basically: NO BLUSH ('cause again, warm undertones) and tons of BRONZER with a bit of shimmer in it in order to accentuate the tan. You can find a post with our favourite bronzers here. If, however, you don't get as tanned as me and you want to achieve the sun-kissed look I suggest you try a rosy toned blush, preferably a creamy one.

     



Finally, when it comes to EYES a mascara and a brow gel are must-haves all year long. What you can try additionally during the summertime is experimenting with either bronze eyeshadows or just "fun" colorfull ones. Another thing you could do is adding a bit of blue or just generally (and again) colorful eyeliner or even attempting to do the double eyeliner trick with the black on the top lashline and the colour-infused one on top of that.


                                                                    
                                               











Don't forget to comment below your favourite products in your summer makeup routine!
Thanks for reading! xx
















Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment